Job Category: Procurement
Location: Central Area, Singapore
Job Type: Full-time
Spectainer is looking for a highly motivated Technical Manager to lead the standardisation of our products’ quality. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and confident in their ability to streamline processes and create a standardised system. The role will oversee the conduct of specification reviews, quality assurance audits, material checks and site inspections. The individual filling this role will be the primary point of contact of 3rd party inspectors and will collate all the findings into a useful comprehensive report to be used by all stakeholders.
This role will be a key contributor to the SEA Trials team by providing technical expertise on Spectainer’s special parts and products.
Once standardisation is accomplished, the individual filling this role, together with the Product Development team, will regularly analyse parts and product performance to enhance product efficiency, cost effectiveness and safety. Additional responsibilities include overseeing essential durability assessments and testing to ensure products meet the useful lifecycle before mass manufacturing.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to cope in a fast-paced environment and prioritise effectively to efficiently complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Act as the Technical Authority for all of Spectainer’s products
- Standardise the production process to ensure products pass industry standards
- Draft and review technical documentation for the production process, parts and products
- Contribute to the development of design concepts, innovation of existing products and optimization of systems before and during mass manufacturing
- Partner with the Global M&R Manager to assess all OEM parts and components durability to ensure parts meet the optimum useful life, reducing M&R costs.
- Working with the Product Development team and vendors, develop, manage, and refine the repair and inspection criteria, product operating manuals, warranty programs, maintenance programs, and parts lists for all products.
- Provide cross-functional support to ensure all products are successfully implemented and commercialised.
Your day-to-day duties will typically consist of:
- Manage overall production quality from design to obsoletion plans.
- Draft technical documentation including manufacturing and quality assurance drawings, assemblies and components in addition to other clerical and document control activities
- Provide technical support to all stakeholders, including technical consultation, regulatory advice, physical container survey and dispute resolution.
- Provide expertise on product deficiencies, models, specifications, and/or regulatory aspects to support refinements, new developments and/or product upgrades.
- Work with all regional teams to ensure products conform to local and international regulatory requirement.
- Together with the Global M&R Manager, conduct regular production audits to ensure products are produced in accordance with required standards.
- In collaboration with the Global M&R Manager, conduct regular depot audits to ensure products are maintained in accordance with required standards.
- Maintain good working relationship with depots and customers.
- Liaise with other internal departments internal and external stakeholders to ensure that M&R meets the requirements of all interested parties.
- Assess all defects and address the defects and warranty claim process.
Key Qualification & Skills
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar quantitative field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role in intermodal freight operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Mandarin
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, critical thinker with great problem-solving skills, and strong ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Effectively handle multiple priorities and organize workload while still meeting deadlines
- Strong in operational cost analysis, cost management, control, measuring and monitoring
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented, with comfort in ambiguity & rapid change
- Experienced in successfully rolling out a product to market and developing the framework to support implementation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
Compensation and benefits:
- Fixed Annual Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
- Overtime Grab food & ride allocation
- Generous 20 days annual leave allocation
- Staff pantry stocked with snacks and beverage
- In-house coffee from Homeground Coffee
- Close to public transport and multiple car park options available
- Ergonomic workstations for each team member
- Collaborative office layout
- Shower facilities
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Spectainer is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.