Job Category: Operations & Business Support
Location: Central Area, Singapore
Job Type: Full-time
Spectainer is looking for a Service Manager, to join the most innovative company in the shipping industry. The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager with a strong background in B2B operations in the shipping industry, having a track record for taking on complex challenges and executing solutions.
This person will be part of the SEA Trials Program and is responsible for ensuring that the Company’s Fleet policies, processes and deployment plans comply with relevant standards. The role will be tasked to establish and improve customer solutions building a successful B2B service offering. The role will be a key contributor to Spectainer’s fleet operations.
Reporting to the COO and collaborating effectively with the operations and product development team, the Service Manager will own the project management of the SEA Trials program and conduct an effective weekly progress meeting. This role requires critical thinking, proactive mindset, in-depth analysis and a sharp focus.
- Be a key contributor to the SEA Trials program by designing the operational service framework of Spectainer’s fleet.
- Be a key contributor to the development of Spectainer’s Equipment Tracking System.
- Collaborate with the SEA Trials team to establish fleet M&R procedures using data-driven approach.
- Develop, communicate, and drive schedule integrity and proactively solve problems that arise during SEA Trials.
- Develop and execute strategic deployment plans for on and off lease procedure that provide added value to customers and proactively look for areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with technical team and external service providers to minimise port set-up times and costs without compromising commercial objectives and commitments.
- Partner with the implementation manager in minimising the fleet’s operational cost and proactively look for areas to improve.
- Build cross-functional working relationships with key vendors and technical team.
- Contribute to service, sales and fleet related digital developments.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Business or Logistics and Supply Chain
- Minimum 5 years of intermodal container operations experience in related businesses
- Comprehensive knowledge of shipping container operations
- In-depth understanding of intermodal freight process
- Experience with stakeholder management and building strong relationships across business functions
- Rigorous, detail-oriented, critical thinker with great problem-solving skills, and strong ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Dedicated to driving a positive customer experience
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, drive a project schedule and meet deadlines
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and projects, focusing on results, profitability, and performance.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented, with comfort in ambiguity & rapid change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Has good business acumen
Compensation and benefits:
- Fixed Annual Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
- Overtime Grab food & ride allocation
- Generous 20 days annual leave allocation
- Staff pantry stocked with snacks and beverage
- In-house coffee from Homeground Coffee
- Close to public transport and multiple car park options available
- Ergonomic workstations for each team member
- Collaborative office layout
- Shower facilities
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Spectainer is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.