Job Category: Legal & Compliance
Location: Central Area, Singapore
Job Type: Full-time
Spectainer is looking for an experienced attorney to lead our Legal Team.
As the General Counsel (GC) reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you are responsible for managing all legal and compliance matters for Spectainer and its Group of Companies (or the Company). Your main responsibility is to work closely with all Company Executives to establish the legal and compliance policies, procedures, and frameworks to manage legal and compliance risks. Additional responsibilities include mitigating legal risks across the business departments and providing legal support and strategic advice to the stakeholders. The GC is responsible for supporting and advising on strategic planning, business operations and ensuring the Company’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The GC is also required to support and advise the various business departments in day-to-day legal affairs.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements such as leases, service agreements, e-commerce agreements, joint venture/partnership/M&A/SPV agreements, collaboration agreements and marketing related agreements.
- Conduct contract administration for ongoing negotiations and finalized contracts.
- Facilitate the signing and distribution of final contracts.
- Reviewing and drafting agreements and other documents relating to domestic and foreign private investment funds, managed accounts, and co-investment vehicles.
- Act as a gatekeeper to safeguard the company from entering unfavorable contracts by conducting thorough contract reviews and assessments.
- Provide accurate and timely legal advice to management regarding sales transactions, including non-disclosure agreements/NDA’s, vendor registration processes, code of conduct, master agreements, sales and purchase contracts, and agreements including MOU. Work with the Executive in supporting the investment and equity/debt capital raise function. Working with outside counsel and investment professionals to address other legal, regulatory, and business issues.
- Providing legal advice on other non-investment issues as required, including contentious and non-contentious corporate/commercial matters.
- Support operational due diligence and compliance matters.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in reviewing and advising on the banking facilities terms sheet, offer letter, etc.
- Coordinate with the Finance department to address revenue recognition and potential performance obligations implications in customer contracts.
- Engage with external law firms to address various legal issues as required.
- Work with the Executive to review and implement systems, policies and procedures to streamline processes and manage risks.
- Monitor and advise on domestic and foreign legal, governance, regulatory, and compliance matters and advise the Executive as required.
- Conduct research and advise on general legal and other specific issues relating to the Company’s business activities including intellectual property rights, trademarks, personal data protection, employment law, etc.
- Work with external legal counsel to manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio and trademark registration requirements.
- Conduct or arrange in-house legal training and education as required.
- Develop legal strategies and procedures that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Review and advise internal stakeholders in respect of any third-party claims and/or other contractual disputes if any.
- Oversee litigation matters including liaising with external counsel and loss adjusters where applicable. Work with outside legal counsel as required.
- Assist in the application of grants and incentives where applicable.
- Any other ad-hoc work arrangements required by the Executive.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited top-tier school in Singapore or another common law jurisdiction.
- Qualified to practice law in a Commonwealth country.
- At least 5 years PQE with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Mandarin.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to details.
Compensation and benefits:
- Fixed Annual Salary: $95,000 – $120,000
- Overtime Grab food & ride allocation
- Generous 20 days annual leave allocation
- Staff pantry stocked with snacks and beverage
- In-house coffee from Homeground Coffee
- Close to public transport and multiple car park options available
- Ergonomic workstations for each team member
- Collaborative office layout
- Shower facilities
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Spectainer is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.