Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Central Area, Singapore
Job Type: Full-time
Spectainer is an Australian group with corporate headquarters in Singapore. Spectainer is pioneering a holistic solution that combines our innovative horizontally collapsing containers with the world’s first fully automated collapsing station as well as advanced tracking, fleet management and support services.
The group is currently in the process of expanding its Singapore organization and is looking to recruit a high-calibre Accountant to become an important part of the team. The successful candidate will be able to manage their time efficiently without supervision. Collaborating with HR, the role may also assist in running the payroll and looking after the leave calculations. The ideal candidate will be required to use different software for accounting, invoicing and producing financial reports. Therefore, the person filling in the role needs to have prior experience in using different software such as NetSuite, Dynamics as a baseline.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Accountant will be responsible for the overall accounting activity of Spectainer Group. Having direct access to the C-suite, the successful candidate will be able to learn directly from our organization’s talented leaders.
- Maintain the book-keeping of the group’s entities in both Singapore and Australia;
- Perform month-end closing activities;
- Prepare accounts payable reconciliation to creditors’ statement of accounts;
- Prepare month end reconciliation of sub-ledgers to General Ledger;
- Prepare bi-weekly and monthly bank reconciliation;
- Upkeep of fixed assets records;
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliation for the Group;
- Liaise with external auditors for year-end audit;
- Process payments to suppliers;
- Process invoices for billings to customers;
- Prepare quarterly tax filing for GST in both Singapore and Australia;
- Monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements in Singapore and Australia;
- File personal and corporate tax information and ensure compliance with local tax laws;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate “audit ready” files and assists in the management of tax audits;
- Process monthly payroll in cooperation with HR;
- Prepare yearly reporting of employee earnings to relevant tax authorities in Singapore (IR8A statements and Australia;
- Verify expense reports for reimbursement to employees in cooperation with HR;
- Monitor employee leave balances in cooperation with HR; and
- Update company procedures relating to accounts department.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting,
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in Singapore,
- Knowledge of corporate governance and compliance requirements,
- In-depth computer skills within accounting systems, Microsoft office suite, and
- Previous experience in end-to-end monthly and annually accounting cycle.
- Accounting qualification,
- Knowledge of the shipping, logistics and container leasing industries,
- Knowledge of business improvement techniques,
- Experience in tax audits and filing of tax returns is preferred, and
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in Australia.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Time management,
- Attention to detail,
- High sense of urgency,
- Excellent oral & written English,
- Self-motivated and well-organized,
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, and
- Out-going personality.
Compensation and benefits:
- Fixed Annual Salary: $78,000.00
- Overtime Grab food & ride allocation
- Generous 20 days annual leave allocation
- Medical insurance cover
- Staff pantry stocked with snacks and beverage
- In-house coffee from Homeground Coffee
- Close to public transport and multiple car park options available
- Ergonomic workstations for each team member
- Collaborative office layout
- Shower facilities
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Spectainer is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.