The Product Lead – COS is responsible for developing concepts and designs for automated process and scripts, collaborating with design team to resolve software and hardware application issues, implementing improvements in existing automation in COS assembly, device and inspection; executing detailed engineering design, preparing 3D auto-cad modelling and manufacturing documentation, working closely with Product Development team to review FEA, standard, modification, specification, parts, quality, and certification to ensure that all dynamical and automated parts are meeting Company’s commercial and operational objectives.
The Product Lead – COS is responsible for innovating new designs and/or enhancing existing products to optimize the products operational efficiency and safety requirements. Additional responsibilities include conducting essential durability assessment and testing to ensure COS meets the useful lifecycle before mass manufacturing as well as supporting and/or conducting onsite commissioning as well as other projects or assignments as directed by company. This could include providing support to cross-functional project management, training, marketing, research & development, production and operations.
Reporting to: CTO
- Act as the Design Authority and engineering subject matter expert for all Spectainer’s COS products.
- Lead Spectainer’s COS design, prepare all technical drawing, specification, bill of material, prepared parts list, maintenance manuals and repair tariff, and testing requirements to ensure the COS meets the durability and operating standard, and conform with the onsite safety standard.
- Lead, manage and develop new design concepts, innovate new and existing products, and optimize systems before mass manufacturing.
- Assess all OEM parts and components to assess the durability of the components/parts to ensure the components/parts able to meet the useful life of company objectives, and able to obtain the optimum warranty periods and terms from suppliers to reduce maintenance or replacement expenditure.
- Obtain all technical data, operating manual, warranty program, maintenance program, and parts list from suppliers on the automated or dynamic components/parts with COS to support the M&R team in implementing maintenance program onsite.
- Provide cross-functions support to ensure the COS is successfully implemented and commercialised.
- Provide onsite training and supervise the entire set-up process to ensure the COS is fully operable and commissioned.
Your day-to-day duties will typically consist of:
- Developing design concepts, innovating new and existing products and optimizing systems for mass manufacturing.
- Managing COS products including designs, updates and obsoletion plans.
- Assisting in research and development activities in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Liaising with Product Lead – COLLAPSECON and outside stakeholders to ensure that design outputs meet the requirements of all interested parties.
- Liaising with other internal departments (Fleet Management, Production, Quality Assurance) and outside stakeholders to ensure that design outputs meet the requirements of all interested parties.
- Liaising with suppliers for design and construction information and documentation.
- Partaking in the analysis of research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of designs.
- Drafting technical documentation including manufacturing and quality assurance drawings assemblies and components in addition to other clerical and document control activities.
- Using computer aided engineering and design software and equipment to perform drafting and design.
- Arranging and performing design verification and validation testing from start to finish.
- Planning, developing, and carrying out experimental test programs to ensure designs meet final product specifications.
- Analysing test data and technical reports to determine if current and/or new designs and products meet functional and performance specifications.
- Ensuring verification of designs and products for compliance with other Company products.
- Creating and implementing test procedures for R&D quality evaluations for all new and existing products as required.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in automation, computer science, process control, electrical, electronic engineering or mechanical engineering.
- 5-8 years experiences in managing automation gantry crane or heavy materials handling equipment engineering.
- Focuses on results – Orientation, profitability, and performance
- Project Management – Takes responsibility for individual and team KPIs and performance. Focused on operational results, profitability, and performance.
- Collaboration – Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders; seek and provide help to colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to proactively strategies and plan effectively and deliver outcomes in a competitive business environment.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Knowledge and experience in any combination of the following subjects:
- process control systems analysis and design
- advanced programming logic controllers
- systems integration
- digital control systems
- analogue electronics
- fluid dynamics
- computer-aided design (CAD)
- electrical principles engineering
- pneumatic / electro-pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- advanced automation technology
- industrial data communication
- energy operations & utilities management
- power electronics & drives
- AV sensor systems
- industrial networks
Opening: 1 position
Apply online on mycareersfuture.gov.sg