Job Category: Product Developmnet
Location: Central Area, Singapore
Job Type: Full-time
The Spectainer Product Development Team is looking for a product lead for our COLLAPSECON Operating Station (COS). The COS is the first automated machine of its kind in the world and the Product Lead – COS will primarily be responsible for understanding the challenges unique to executing the design for this system. The ideal candidate absorbs new technology rapidly, has experience in industrial size machinery and systems, communicates clearly to engineers, and thinks creatively to find solutions when problems and delays arise.
The successful Product Lead – COS will grow their working knowledge of a wide variety of industrial work areas as needed. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will prioritise simple, first-principles solutions to design, efficiency, and quality challenges as they emerge.
- Act as the Design Authority and engineering subject matter expert for all Spectainer COS products.
- Lead Spectainer’s COS design; collaborate with the engineering and manufacturing teams to drive design and manufacturing changes to improve product quality in both existing and future COS products.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to troubleshoot and diagnose machine issues, deploy necessary corrective actions ranging from firmware changes, hardware design changes, manufacturing process or installation process changes, etc. to prevent issues from re-occurring.
- Own project and deployment of COS products from “concept to completion” in dynamic industrial environments.
- Assist software product managers and software engineers define software requirements.
- Obtain all technical data, operating manual, warranty program, maintenance program, and parts list from suppliers on the automated or dynamic components/parts with COS to support the M&R team in implementing maintenance program onsite.
- Manage the activities of COS product vendor and suppliers to minimize project delay.
- Take a first-principles approach to technical decisions in the face of tight timelines, engineering challenges, and limited resources.
- Prioritize personal and team-wide work based on company-wide goals.
- Clearly communicate success, delays, and failure.
- Report progress on program, highlighting status, risks, mitigations, opportunities, and cost across in ways that are accessible across levels of management.
- Provide onsite training and supervise the entire set-up process to ensure the COS is fully operable and commissioned.
Your day-to-day duties will typically consist of:
- Managing COS product engineers, vendors and suppliers to oversee design, deployment and obsoletion plans.
- Liaising with Product Lead – COLLAPSECON and external stakeholders to ensure that design outputs meet the requirements of all interested parties.
- Liaising with other internal departments (Fleet Management, Production, Quality Assurance) and outside stakeholders to ensure that design outputs meet the requirements of all interested parties.
- Liaising with suppliers for design and construction information and documentation.
- Drafting technical documentation including manufacturing and quality assurance drawings assemblies and components in addition to other clerical and document control activities.
- Using CREO to perform basic CAD functions.
- Arranging and performing design verification and validation testing from start to finish.
- Planning, developing, and carrying out experimental test programs to ensure designs meet final product specifications.
- Analysing test data and technical reports to determine if current and/or new designs and products meet functional and performance specifications.
- Ensuring verification of designs and products for compliance with other Company products.
- Creating and implementing test procedures for R&D quality evaluations for all new and existing products as required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering with a focus on automation.
- Proven hands-on experience in managing industrial automation projects from concept to finish.
- First-hand experience with developing processes and methodologies in industrial environments.
- Very good leadership, organisational and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in English and Mandarin.
- Demonstrated interest in working at the intersection of product design, manufacturing and engineering.
Compensation and benefits:
- Fixed Annual Salary: $85,000 – $100,000
- Overtime Grab food & ride allocation
- Generous 20 days annual leave allocation
- Staff pantry stocked with snacks and beverage
- In-house coffee from Homeground Coffee
- Close to public transport and multiple car park options available
- Ergonomic workstations for each team member
- Collaborative office layout
- Shower facilities
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Spectainer is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.