The Global Operations Manager – Services & Solutions is responsible for ensuring the Company’s Fleet performance, setting policies, processes, KPIs and principles in terms of ensuring the deployment plans are implemented successfully, prioritising and managing the service vendors and operational costs, and fleets operating lifecycle from commissioning to decommissioning. The role is also responsible for providing operational support to customers and vendors.
Reporting to COO, the Global Operations Manager is required to contribute to long term strategic planning and project management in order to assist in meeting the Company’s operational goals. This includes setting sequential workflows to prioritize the commercial and operational activities and conduct weekly update to Senior Management.
- Service Profile – Shared responsibility (Product Development Team) for the design of the operational service framework of all Company equipment fleets.
- Set policies, KPIs and procedures to upkeep the equipment operating performance.
- On-time Performance – Develop, communicate, and drive schedule integrity and pursue strategies of continuous improvement.
- Equipment Care – Responsible for the delivery of equipment safely through Sea, Land and Rail operations on time, in full and in good condition.
- Customer Focus – Develop strategic deployment plans for on and off lease procedure that enhance equipment deployment competitiveness and providing added value to customers.
- Assist Commercial teams’ effectiveness in delivering the equipment to meet customers requirement.
- CY/Port Productivity – In collaboration with CY/port operations, commissioning, and planning teams, drive the deployment execution of strategies to minimise port set-up times and costs without compromising commercial objectives and commitments.
- Service Management – Responsible for the cost-efficient execution of services including COS set-up and supply, service agreement to onsite vendors and communication framework across the service network.
- Visibility – Participate and oversee in the deployment and development of the equipment flow and decision-making framework through a 24/7 operations set-up.
- Initiative – Initiate and drive the optimisation of operational performance and business improvement for the entire equipment operations processes.
- Vendors Partnerships – Assume ownership for the operational relationship with vendors partners to ensure an efficient performance of the joint services.
- Formulate and implement key operational initiatives and projects including – initially – participation in the development and implementation of the Equipment tracking system of the entire equipment operations from procurement, production planning, logistic deployment, delivery schedule, delivery schedule, on lease, off lease, return policy, and set cost KPI and vendor service performance, develop dashboard to measure performance as well as other digital productivity enhancement tools.
- Lead employees/vendors to meet the organisation’s expectations for operational productivity, service quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide oversight and direction to the vendors/employees in the team in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Plan staffing levels and work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ the right people within budgetary guidelines.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Consciously create an engaging workplace culture that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organisation.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility, drive accountability and provide regular feedback for continuous improvement.
- Manage and maintain effective employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations, and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain two-way transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, MsTeams, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Deliver key people related activities in conjunction with HR that will lead to the enhanced engagement and retention of team members.
- Make every effort to be aware of and understand your role in the event of a developing situation.
- Make every effort to attend any relevant training, simulations and or meetings relating to Situation Management.
- Perform your role as best as possible in a calm and collaborative manner with the relevant policy and procedures in the event of a Situation.
- Provide input and feedback towards the ongoing improvement of the Situation Management framework and procedure.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Business Administration/Supply Chain Management/Logistic operations
- Practical hands-on shipping equipment operations experience gained in a leadership management of shipping operations role
- At least 5-8 years of shipping equipment management experience in related businesses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial and operations of shipping container, and regional aspects of shipping operations
- Cost mitigation and vendors management
- Adaptable to fast-pace and pressure working environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships and teams
- Strong in data analytic, numeracy, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of general macro view of economic principles and international trade
- Focuses on results-orientation, profitability, and performance
- Leadership – Ability to set directives, KPIs, training, coaching, mentoring to motivate and upgrade team to deliver the results
- Customer Centric – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by improving the services and products. Builds a high level of customer orientation throughout the organisation.
- Ownership & Accountability – Take responsibility for individual and team KPIs and performance. Focused on operational results, profitability, and performance.
- Collaboration – Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders; seek and provide help to colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to proactively strategies and plan effectively and deliver outcomes in a competitive business environment.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Apply online on mycareersfuture.gov.sg